Financial Dignity is the controlled use of all the money that you accrue to achieve a lifestyle that is of maximum value to you. The typical signs of having attained Financial Dignity are said to be; having manageable mortgage debt, no consumer debt, being able to invest at least 10% of all your income so you have the means to support a fulfilling lifestyle for the rest of your life and spending the rest of your money on a lifestyle that is of value to you.
Financial Dignity is centred on the values of human dignity which encourage one to treat oneself and ones assets, especially money and those of others with dignity, in order to lead a happy fulfilling life.
5 Financial Dignity Principles
- Every human being has a right to lead a financially dignified life
- A financially dignified life allows one an opportunity to fulfil one’s potential, which is based on having a human level of health care, education, income and security.
- Financial Dignity means having the freedom to make sound financial decisions on one’s life and to be met with respect for this right.
- Financial Dignity should be the basic guiding principle for all our financial actions
- Ultimately, our own financial dignity is interdependent with the financial dignity of others in the wealth cycle.
The Wealth Cycle is a concept inspired by saving some of our earned money as the safest way to enjoy a financially healthy and balanced lifestyle because with saved earnings, one is able to spend, donate, invest and live a financially relaxed and dignified life as depicted.
StarSaver™ Wealth Cycle is “LESSI”: